Population: An Introduction to Concepts and Issues, 11th Edition
- John R. Weeks
- ISBN-10: 1111185972
- ISBN-13: 9781111185978
- 640 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2008, 2005
- COPYRIGHT: 2012 Published
John R. Weeks's POPULATION introduces students to population issues, concepts, and theories by encompassing the entire field of demography, including both principle and practice. From fertility and mortality rates to agricultural production and urbanization, Weeks consistently engages students through compelling writing and comprehensive explication. And with intriguing essays and online resources, Weeks's text gives students their best opportunity to truly master core demographic concepts.
1. Introduction to Demography.
2. Global Population Trends.
3. Demographic Perspectives.
4. Demographic Data.
5. The Health and Mortality Transition.
6. The Fertility Transition.
7. The Migration Transition.
8. The Age Transition.
9. The Urban Transition.
10. The Family and Household Transition.
11. Population and the Environment.
12. Coping with Demographic Change.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
The revised and updated Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides for this edition let you incorporate images from the book right into your lectures.Online Instructor's Resource Manual with Test Bank (ISBN-10: 1111942455 | ISBN-13: 9781111942458)