Casebook in Abnormal Psychology, 5th Edition
- Timothy A. Brown
- David H. Barlow
- ISBN-10: 130597171X
- ISBN-13: 9781305971714
- 320 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2011, 2007, 2001
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
Using cases from the authors' files or from case files of other working clinicians, CASEBOOK IN ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY portrays the rich and arresting nature of disorders manifested in real people. Cases illustrate every major DSM-5 category, followed by a therapy outcome section that tells the "rest of the story" of what happened to these clients. Using an integrative approach, the authors emphasize the multiple causes of disorders and incorporate developmental and cultural issues in each case. Complex cases are presented without a diagnosis, so students can come up with a diagnosis on their own. This Fifth Edition has been fully updated to present the advances in scientific knowledge and revisions to the definitions of psychological disorders found in the latest edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5).
1. Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
2. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia.
3. Adolescent Social Anxiety Disorder.
4. Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.
5. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
6. Body Dysmorphic Disorder.
7. Physical Abuse of Adult (Domestic Violence).
8. Dissociative Identity Disorder.
9. Major Depression.
10. Bipolar Disorder.
11. Bulimia Nervosa.
12. Anorexia Nervosa.
13. Pedophilic Disorder.
14. Alcohol Use Disorder.
15. Borderline Personality Disorder.
17. Autism Spectrum Disorder.
18. Diagnosis Note Provided: Case #1.
19. Diagnosis Note Provided: Case #2.
20. Diagnosis Note Provided: Case #3.