Investments: An Introduction, 12th Edition
- includes Stock-Trak Coupon
- Herbert B. Mayo
- ISBN-10: 1305638417
- ISBN-13: 9781305638419
- 816 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2014, 2011, 2008
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
Mayo’s INVESTMENTS: AN INTRODUCTION, 12th Edition, introduces students to today’s most important investment topics from the perspective of an individual financial planner. Students are introduced to the process of investing and the many alternatives available for the construction of a portfolio and through this, students learn about managing their assets (being active portfolio managers) or to decide to let others manage their portfolios (i.e., being passive investors). This edition provides an inviting, comprehensive approach to investments--from the fundamentals students need to master the investing section on the CFP® exam to more advanced topics.
Part I: THE INVESTMENT PROCESS AND FINANCIAL CONCEPTS.
1. An Introduction to Investments.
2. Securities Markets.
3. The Time Value of Money.
4. Financial Planning, Taxation and the Efficiency of Financial Markets.
5. Risk and Portfolio Management.
Part II: INVESTMENT COMPANIES.
6. Investment Companies: Mutual Funds.
7. Closed-End Investment Companies, Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), and Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs).
Part III: INVESTING IN COMMON STOCK.
9. The Valuation of Common Stock.
10. Investment Returns and Aggregate Measures of Stock Markets.
11. The Macroeconomic Environment for Investment Decisions.
12. Behavioral Finance and Technical Analysis.
Part IV: INVESTING IN FIXED-INCOME SECURITIES.
13. The Bond Market.
14. The Valuation of Fixed-Income Securities.
15. Government Securities.
16. Convertible Bonds and Convertible Preferred Stock.
Part V: DERIVATIVES.
17. An Introduction to Options.
18. Option Valuation and Strategies.
19. Commodity and Financial Futures.
Part VI: AN OVERVIEW.
20. Financial Planning and Investing in an Efficient Market Context.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.