Sight, Sound, Motion: Applied Media Aesthetics, 8th Edition
- Herbert Zettl
- ISBN-10: 1305578902
- ISBN-13: 9781305578906
- 464 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2014, 2011, 2008
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
Media aesthetics have gained prominence with the dramatic advances in the digital technology of video and electronic cinema, making Herb Zettl’s SIGHT SOUND MOTION: APPLIED MEDIA AESTHETICS more applicable than ever. The Eighth Edition continues to be the most comprehensive book on the market, not only describing the major aesthetic image elements -- light and color, space, time-motion, and sound -- but also presenting in-depth coverage on how they are creatively used in television and film. Zettl’s thorough coverage of aesthetic theory and the application of that theory place this contemporary and highly relevant text in a class by itself. It equips students to think critically about media aesthetics and apply them to production situations. Richly illustrated and now presented in full color, this edition features strong visuals that often draw on traditional art forms, such as painting, sculpture, and dance. A comprehensive digital learning solution is available through MindTap.
About the Author.
1. Applied Media Aesthetics.
2. The First Aesthetic Field: Light.
3. Structuring the First Aesthetic Field: Lighting.
4. The Extended First Field: Color.
5. Structuring Color: Function and Composition.
6. The Two-Dimensional Field: Area.
7. The Two-Dimensional Field: Forces Within the Screen.
8. Structuring the Two-Dimensional Field: Interplay of Screen Forces.
9. The Three-Dimensional Field: Depth and Volume.
10. Structuring the Three-Dimensional Field: Screen Volume and Effects.
11. Building Screen Space: Visualization.
12. The Four-Dimensional Field: Time.
13. The Four-Dimensional Field: Motion.
14. Structuring the Four-Dimensional Field: Timing and Principal Motions.
15. The Five-Dimensional Field: Sound.
16. Structuring the Five-Dimensional Field: Sound Structures and Sound/Picture Combinations.
17. Visual Narrative: The Syntax of Continuity Editing.
18. Visual Narrative: The Syntax of Complexity Editing.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
MindTap Radio Television & Film for Zettl's Sight, Sound, Motion: Applied Media Aesthetics, 8th Edition is the digital learning solution that powers students from memorization to mastery. It gives you complete control of your course—to provide engaging content, to challenge every individual, and to build their confidence. Empower students to accelerate their progress with MindTap. MindTap: Powered by You. MindTap gives you complete ownership of your content and learning experience. Customize the interactive syllabi, emphasize the most important topics, and add your own material or notes in the eBook.eBook: Sight, Sound, Motion: Applied Media Aesthetics (ISBN-10: 0357228413 | ISBN-13: 9780357228418)
MindTap Radio Television & Film for Zettl's Sight, Sound, Motion: Applied Media Aesthetics, 8th Edition helps you learn on your terms. INSTANT ACCESS IN YOUR POCKET. Take advantage of the MindTap Mobile App to learn on your terms. Read or listen to textbooks and study with the aid of instructor notifications, flashcards, and practice quizzes. MINDTAP HELPS YOU CREATE YOUR OWN POTENTIAL. GEAR UP FOR ULTIMATE SUCCESS. Track your scores and stay motivated toward your goals. Whether you have more work to do or are ahead of the curve, you’ll know where to focus your efforts. And the MindTap Green Dot will charge your confidence along the way. MINDTAP HELPS YOU OWN YOUR PROGRESS. MAKE THE TEXTBOOK YOURS. No one knows what works for you better than you. Highlight key text, add notes, and create custom flashcards. When it’s time to study, gather everything you’ve flagged into a study guide.eBook: Sight, Sound, Motion: Applied Media Aesthetics (ISBN-10: 0357228413 | ISBN-13: 9780357228418)