Entrepreneurial Finance, 5th Edition
- J. Chris Leach
- Ronald W. Melicher
- ISBN-10: 1285425758
- ISBN-13: 9781285425757
- 752 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2012, 2009, 2006
- COPYRIGHT: 2015 Published
This accessible, reader-friendly text guides students through a complete "life cycle of the firm" as it introduces the theories, knowledge, and corporate finance tools and techniques an entrepreneur needs to start, build, and eventually harvest a successful venture. With a strong emphasis on sound financial management practices, the text explores important issues entrepreneurs face, including how and where to obtain financing, using business cash flow models, and positioning the early-stage company strategically. Students will also gain an understanding of how to interact effectively with financial institutions and regulatory agencies that can affect venture growth and enable liquidity for investors. Drawing on real-life entrepreneurial ventures and common financial scenarios, the authors include an in-depth capstone case, numerous mini-cases, and abundant examples to engage students' interest and vividly illustrate key concepts such as venture capital funds, institutional investors, strategic alliances, the role of business angels, licensing agreements, and exit strategies. Trust ENTREPRENEURIAL FINANCE, Fifth Edition, to provide the skills and confidence your students need for entrepreneurial success in today's markets.
Part I: THE ENTREPRENEURIAL ENVIRONMENT.
1. Introduction to Finance for Entrepreneurs.
2. Developing the Business Idea.
Part II: ORGANIZING AND OPERATING THE VENTURE.
3. Organizing and Financing a New Venture.
4. Preparing and Using Financial Statements.
5. Evaluating Operating and Financial Performance.
Part III: PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE.
6. Managing Cash Flow.
7. Types and Costs of Financial Capital.
8. Securities Law Considerations When Obtaining Venture Financing.
Part IV: CREATING AND RECOGNIZING VENTURE VALUE.
9. Projecting Financial Statements.
10. Valuing Early-Stage Ventures.
11. Venture Capital Valuation Methods.
Part V: STRUCTURING FINANCING FOR THE GROWING VENTURE.
12. Professional Venture Capital.
13. Other Financing Alternatives.
14. Security Structures and Determining Enterprise Values.
Part VI: EXIT AND TURNAROUND STRATEGIES.
15. Harvesting the Business Venture Investment.
16. Financially Troubled Ventures: Turnaround Opportunities?
Part VII: CAPSTONE CASES.
Case 1. Eco-Products, Inc.
Case 2. Coral Systems, Inc.
Case 3. Spatial Technology, Inc.