Voyages in World History, 3rd Edition
- Valerie Hansen
- Ken Curtis
- ISBN-10: 1305583000
- ISBN-13: 9781305583009
- 1072 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2014, 2010
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
The authors of VOYAGES IN WORLD HISTORY never forget that history is made up of the stories of people. Each chapter of the text centers on a story -- a traveler‘s account that highlights the book‘s main theme, the constant movement of people, goods, and ideas. The travelers include merchants, poets, rulers, explorers, soldiers, missionaries, and scholars, and their voyages provide a framework for each chapter that will capture students‘ interest and enthusiasm. Special features help students make connections across chapters, societies, and time periods as they learn about the people, places, and events crucial to understanding world history and its global context. The print text integrates with MindTap, which includes an interactive map application that transports students virtually to the locations each traveler visited. Available in the following split options: VOYAGES IN WORLD HISTORY, Third Edition Complete, Volume 1: To 1600, and Volume 2: Since 1500.
1. The Peopling of the World, to 4000 B.C.E.
2. The First Complex Societies in the Eastern Mediterranean, ca. 4000–550 B.C.E.
3. Ancient India and the Rise of Buddhism, 2600 B.C.E.–100 C.E.
4. Blueprint for Empire: China, 1200 B.C.E.–220 C.E.
5. The Americas and the Islands of the Pacific, to 1200 C.E.
6. New Empires in Iran and Greece, 2000 B.C.E.–651 C.E.
7. The Roman Empire and the Rise of Christianity, 509 B.C.E.–476 C.E.
8. Hindu and Buddhist States and Societies in Asia, 100–1000.
9. Islamic Empires of Western Asia and Africa, 600–1258.
10. The Multiple Centers of Europe, 500–1000.
11. Expanding Trade Networks in Africa and India, 1000–1500.
12. China‘s Commercial Revolution, ca. 900–1276.
13. Europe‘s Commercial Revolution, 1000–1400.
14. The Mongols and Their Successors, 1200–1500.
15. Maritime Expansion in the Atlantic World, 1400–1600.
16. Maritime Expansion in Afro-Eurasia, 1500–1700.
17. Religion, Politics, and the Balance of Power in Western Eurasia, 1500–1750.
18. Empires, Colonies, and Peoples of the Americas, 1600–1750.
19. The Atlantic System: Africa, the Americas, and Europe, 1550–1807.
20. Empires in Early Modern Asia, 1650–1837.
21. European Science and the Foundations of Modern Imperialism, 1600–1820.
22. Revolutions in the West, 1750–1830.
23. The Industrial Revolution and European Politics, 1765–1880.
24. The Challenge of Modernity in China, Japan, and India, 1800–1910.
25. State Building and Social Change in the Americas, 1830–1910.
26. The New Imperialism in Africa and Southeast Asia, 1830–1914.
27. War, Revolution, and Global Uncertainty, 1905–1928.
28. Responses to Global Crisis, 1920–1939.
29. The Second World War and the Origins of the Cold War, 1939–1949.
30. The Cold War and Decolonization, 1949–1975.
31. Toward a New World Order, 1975–2000.
32. Voyage into the Twenty-First Century.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
This Instructor Companion Website is an all-in-one multimedia online resource for class preparation, presentation, and testing. It includes several resources for download: a Test Bank compatible with multiple learning management systems, an Instructor’s Manual, and book-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations. Access it today through Cengage.com/login with your faculty account.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1305664191 | ISBN-13: 9781305664197)
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text‘s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.MindTap History, 2 terms (12 months) Instant Access for Hansen/Curtis' Voyages in World History (ISBN-10: 1305673034 | ISBN-13: 9781305673038)
MindTap History, for Hansen/Curtis’ Voyages In World History, 3rd Edition is the digital learning solution that powers students from memorization to mastery. It gives you complete control of your course—to provide engaging content, to challenge every individual, and to build their confidence. Empower students to accelerate their progress with MindTap. MindTap: Powered by You. MindTap goes well beyond an eBook and a homework solution. Students easily identify chapter’s learning objectives, improve writing skills with unit-level essay assessments, read short sections from the e-book, and test their content knowledge. In addition to book-specific content, MindTap’s Instructor’s Resource Center provides 4,600 searchable, curated primary source readings for your course. Synchronize the text with engaging assignments and primary source documentation to inspire critical thinking skills.
MindTap History for Hansen/Curtis’ Voyages In World History, 3rd Edition helps you learn on your terms. INSTANT ACCESS IN YOUR POCKET. Take advantage of the MindTap Mobile App. Read or listen to textbooks and study with the aid of instructor notifications, flashcards, and practice quizzes. MINDTAP HELPS YOU GEAR UP FOR ULTIMATE SUCCESS. Track your scores and you'll know where to focus efforts. Stay motivated toward your goals with real-world assignments like the Voyages map activity, reflection activities and unit activities that make connections across chapters. The MindTap Green Dot will charge your confidence along the way. MINDTAP HELPS YOU MAKE THE TEXTBOOK YOURS. No one knows what works for you better than you. Highlight key text, add notes, and create custom flashcards. When it’s time to study, everything you’ve flagged or noted can be gathered into a guide you can organize.