2014 ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Workbook, 1st Edition
- Mary Jo Bowie
- Gail Smith
- ISBN-10: 1285433726
- ISBN-13: 9781285433721
- 192 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2014, 2013, 2012
- COPYRIGHT: 2015 Published
Fully updated with new codes and standards, the 2014 ICD-10-CM AND ICD-10-PCS WORKBOOK is the ideal learning aid for students and professionals. From chapter discussions and code lists to practice problems and illustrations, this workbook delivers the information and practice learners need to work competently with medical coding and conventions, procedure coding, and health insurance claims, while managing the October 2014 transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10 standards. The authors bring decades of experience to this practical workbook in the form of case studies and examples, hands-on exercises and activities, anatomical illustrations, and guiding principles, all designed to correlate with current ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS standards. An indispensable tool for the classroom or independent study, the 2014 ICD-10-CM AND ICD-10-PCS WORKBOOK provides the facts and skills needed for success.
"I like the exercises in the chapters as well as the "Check your clinical knowledge" exercises. The case studies are excellent."
— Rhoda Cooper, CPC, RMC, NCICS,
1. Infections and Parasitic Diseases.
3. Diseases of Blood and Blood-Forming Organs.
4. Endocrine, Nutritional, and Metabolic Diseases.
5. Mental and Behavioral Disorders.
6. Diseases of the Nervous System (Eyes and Ears).
7. Diseases of the Circulatory System.
8. Diseases of the Respiratory System.
9. Diseases of the Digestive System.
10. Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue.
11. Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue.
12. Diseases of the Genitourinary System.
13. Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium.
14. Newborn/Congenital Disorders.
15. Symptoms, Signs, and Abnormal Clinical and Laboratory Findings.
16. Injury, Poisoning, and Certain Other Consequences of External Causes.
17. External Causes of Morbidity.
18. Factors Influencing Health Status.
19. Transition from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM.
20. Coding with ICD-10-PCS.
21. Application of Coding Guidelines.
22. Coding Case Studies.
23. Decision-Based Coding.