Human Development: A Life-Span View, 7th Edition
- Robert V. Kail
- John C. Cavanaugh
- ISBN-10: 130511664X
- ISBN-13: 9781305116641
- 720 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2013, 1996
- COPYRIGHT: 2016 Published
Balanced coverage of the entire life span is just one thing that distinguishes HUMAN DEVELOPMENT: A LIFE-SPAN VIEW, Seventh Edition. With its comprehensive, succinct, and applied coverage, the text has proven its ability to capture students' interest while introducing them to the issues, forces, and outcomes that make us who we are. Robert V. Kail's expertise in childhood and adolescence, combined with John C. Cavanaugh's extensive research in gerontology, result in a book with a rich description of all life-span stages and important topics. A modified chronological approach traces development in sequential order from conception through late life, while also dedicating several chapters to key topical issues. This organization also allows the book to be relatively briefer than other texts, a benefit given the enormous amount of information covered in the course. The authors provide theoretical and empirical foundations that enable students to become educated, critical interpreters of developmental information. A blend of basic and applied research, as well as coverage of controversial topics and emergent trends, demonstrates connections between the laboratory and life.
1. The Study of Human Development.
Part I: PRENATAL DEVELOPMENT, INFANCY, AND EARLY CHILDHOOD.
2. Biological Foundations: Heredity, Prenatal Development, and Birth.
3. Tools for Exploring the World: Physical, Perceptual, and Motor Development.
4. The Emergence of Thought and Language: Cognitive Development in Infancy and Early Childhood.
5. Entering the Social World: Socioemotional Development in Infancy and Early Childhood.
Part II: SCHOOL-AGE CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS.
6. Off to School: Cognitive and Physical Development in Middle Childhood.
7. Expanding Social Horizons: Socioemotional Development in Middle Childhood.
8. Rites of Passage: Physical and Cognitive Development in Adolescence.
9. Moving Into the Adult Social World: Socioemotional Development in Adolescence.
Part III: YOUNG AND MIDDLE ADULTHOOD.
10. Becoming an Adult: Physical, Cognitive, and Personality Development in Young Adulthood.
11. Being With Others: Forming Relationships in Young and Middle Adulthood.
12. Work, Leisure, and Retirement.
13. Making It in Midlife: The Biopsychosocial Challenges of Middle Adulthood.
Part IV: LATE ADULTHOOD.
14. The Personal Context of Later Life: Physical, Cognitive, and Mental Health Issues.
15. Social Aspects of Later Life: Psychosocial, Retirement, Relationship, and Societal Issues.
16. The Final Passage: Dying and Bereavement.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
This valuable manual contains teaching and exercise tips and other lecture resources. The Instructor's Manual is available electronically on the password-protected section of the Instructor Resource Website.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1305501861 | ISBN-13: 9781305501867)
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate test bank content from the book's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.MindTap Psychology, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access for Kail/Cavanuagh's Human Development: A Life-Span View (ISBN-10: 1305265130 | ISBN-13: 9781305265134)
MindTap Psychology for Kail/Cavanaugh's Human Development, 7th Edition is a personalized teaching experience with relevant assignments that guide students to analyze, apply, and improve thinking, allowing you to measure skills and outcomes with ease. Personalized teaching becomes yours through a Learning Path built with key student objectives and your syllabus in mind. Control what students see and when they see it. Relevant readings, multimedia, and activities are designed to take students up the levels of learning, from basic knowledge to analysis and application. Analytics and reports provide a snapshot of class progress, time in course, engagement and completion rates. In addition to the benefits of the platform, MindTap for Human Development: A Life-Span View includes interactive activities drawn from the "What Do You Think?" and "Real People" text features that foster student participation through polls, photo shares, and discussion threads; as well as illustrative video embedded in the MindTap Reader to highlight key concepts. "Investigate Development" activities enable students to think critically about research and see the implications of research on a personal level. Students interact with simulated case studies of milestones in a person's development, observing and analyzing audio-visual cues, consulting research, and making decisions.LMS Integrated for MindTap Psychology, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access (ISBN-10: 130550853X | ISBN-13: 9781305508538)
MindTap Psychology for Kail/Cavanaugh's Human Development, 7th Edition provides you with the tools you need to better manage your limited time -- you can complete assignments whenever and wherever you are ready to learn with course material specially customized for you by your instructor and streamlined in one proven, easy-to-use interface. With an array of tools and apps -- from note taking to flashcards -- you'll get a true understanding of course concepts, helping you to achieve better grades and setting the groundwork for your future courses. Access to this product is valid for 6 months of usage.LMS Integrated for MindTap Psychology, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access (ISBN-10: 130550853X | ISBN-13: 9781305508538)