Advanced Accounting, 12th Edition
- Paul M. Fischer
- William J. Taylor
- Rita H. Cheng
- ISBN-10: 1305084853
- ISBN-13: 9781305084858
- 1176 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2012, 2009, 2006
- COPYRIGHT: 2016 Published
Help your advanced accounting students master the theory and practice they need for professional success with Fischer/Taylor/Cheng’s ADVANCED ACCOUNTING, 12E. This leading text offers your students the most authoritative, comprehensive coverage of advanced accounting topics available. This edition explores the latest FASB statements and their impact on consolidations. The authors combine sound theoretical foundations with a hands-on approach using numerous actual examples common in today’s accounting. The text’s proven focus on conceptual understanding and clear presentation style make even the most complex topics approachable. New and revised end-of-chapter questions reinforce major concepts from each chapter and challenge students to expand their critical thinking and reasoning skills. Only ADVANCED ACCOUNTING, 12E uses a horizontal approach to consolidations, the format most commonly used in today’s business world. A trusted preparation resource for the CPA exam, ADVANCED ACCOUNTING, 12E provides the knowledge your students need for ongoing accounting success.
"The textbook is the best one out there."
— Jolene Lampton, Park University
1. Business Combinations: New Rules for a Long-Standing Business Practice.
2. Consolidated Statements: Date of Acquisition.
3. Consolidated Statements: Subsequent to Acquisition.
4. Intercompany Transactions: Merchandise, Plant Assets, and Notes.
5. Intercompany Transactions: Bonds and Leases.
6. Cash Flows, EPS, and Taxation.
7. Special Issues in Accounting for an Investment in a Subsidiary.
8. Subsidiary Equity Transactions; Indirect Subsidiary Ownership and Subsidiary Ownership of Parent Shares.
Appendix 1: Accounting for Influential Investments.
Appendix 2: Variable Interest Entities
9. The International Accounting Environment.
Module: Derivatives and Related Accounting Issues.
10. Foreign Currency Transactions.
11. Translation of Foreign Financial Statements.
12. Interim Reporting and Disclosures about Segments of an Enterprise.
13. Partnerships: Characteristics, Formation, and Accounting for Activities.
14. Partnerships: Ownership Changes and Liquidations.
15. Governmental Accounting: The General Fund and the Account Groups.
16. Governmental Accounting: Other Governmental Funds, Proprietary Funds, and Fiduciary Funds.
17. Financial Reporting Issues.
18. Accounting for Private Not-for-Profit Organizations.
19. Accounting for Not-for-Profit Colleges and Universities and Health Care Organizations.
20. Estates and Trusts: Their Nature and the Accountant’s Role.
21. Debt Restructuring, Corporate Reorganizations, and Liquidations.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Expand your students’ understanding of advanced accounting with the numerous instructor and student resources available on this edition’s companion website. Easily download password-protected instructor resources. Students can review concepts using interactive learning tools. Easy-to-follow Excel® tutorials guide students in creating Excel worksheets, while Electronic Working Papers on the website provide tools to complete end-of-chapter problems. Excel templates and solutions are also available.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1305086120 | ISBN-13: 9781305086128)
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero™, is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions. You can also create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your learning management system, your classroom or wherever you want!