Community Nutrition in Action: An Entrepreneurial Approach, 7th Edition
- Marie A. Boyle
- ISBN-10: 1305637992
- ISBN-13: 9781305637993
- 792 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2013, 2010, 2006
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
COMMUNITY NUTRITION IN ACTION introduces the program planning, policies, resources, and nutrition issues specific to community nutrition and provides an understanding of creating and implementing nutrition programs from various constituencies (elderly populations, children, impoverished populations, college students, etc.). Successful practitioners in community nutrition have proven to have a mind and skill set that opens them up to new ideas and ventures. Incorporating an entrepreneurial approach, this book helps readers learn how to take risks, try new technologies, and use fresh approaches to improving the public’s nutrition and health status. The book also delivers the core material important to those who will be active in solving community nutritional and health problems, including program delivery, nutrition education, nutrition assessment, and planning nutrition interventions.
SECTION ONE: Community Nutritionists in Action: Working in the Community.
1. Opportunities in Community Nutrition.
2. Principles of Epidemiology.
3. Understanding and Achieving Behavior Change.
4. Community Needs Assessment.
5. Program Planning for Success.
6. The Art and Science of Policy Making.
7. A National Nutrition Agenda for the Public’s Health.
8. Addressing the Obesity Epidemic: An Issue for Public Health Policy.
9. Health Care Systems and Policy.
SECTION TWO: Community Nutritionists in Action: Delivering Programs.
10. Food Insecurity and the Food Assistance Programs.
11. Mothers and Infants: Nutrition Assessment, Services, and Programs.
12. Children and Adolescents: Nutrition Issues, Services, and Programs.
13. Healthy Aging: Nutrition Assessment, Services, and Programs.
14. Global Food and Nutrition Security: Challenges and Opportunities.
SECTION THREE: Community Nutritionists in Action: Planning Nutrition Interventions.
15. Gaining Cultural Competence in Community Nutrition.
16. Principles of Nutrition Education.
17. Marketing Nutrition and Health Promotion.
18. Managing Community Nutrition Programs.
19. Building Grantsmanship Skills.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1305868463 | ISBN-13: 9781305868465)
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.MindTap Nutrition, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access for Boyle's Community Nutrition in Action: An Entrepreneurial Approach (ISBN-10: 1305868404 | ISBN-13: 9781305868403)
MindTap Nutrition for Boyle/Holben's Community Nutrition in Action: An Entrepreneurial Approach is the digital learning solution that powers students from memorization to mastery. It gives you complete control of your course—to provide engaging content, to challenge every individual, and to build their confidence. Empower students to accelerate their progress with MindTap. MindTap: Powered by You. MindTap gives you complete ownership of your content and learning experience. Customize the interactive syllabi, emphasize the most important topics, and add your own material or notes in the eBook.
MindTap Nutrition for Boyle/Holben's Community Nutrition in Action: An Entrepreneurial Approach helps you learn on your terms. INSTANT ACCESS IN YOUR POCKET. Take advantage of the MindTap Mobile App. Read or listen to textbooks and study with the aid of instructor notifications, flashcards, and practice quizzes. MINDTAP HELPS YOU CREATE YOUR OWN POTENTIAL. GEAR UP FOR ULTIMATE SUCCESS. Track your scores and stay motivated toward your goals. Whether you have more work to do or are ahead of the curve, you’ll know where you need to focus your efforts. And the MindTap Green Dot will charge your confidence along the way. MINDTAP HELPS YOU OWN YOUR PROGRESS. MAKE THE TEXT YOURS. No one knows what works for you better than you. Highlight key text, add notes, and create custom flashcards. When it’s time to study, everything you’ve flagged or noted can be gathered into a guide you organize.