Exercise Physiology, 1st Edition
- Peter B. Raven, PhD
- David H. Wasserman, PhD
- William G. Squires, PhD
- Tinker D. Murray, Ph.D., FACSM
- ISBN-10: 0495110248
- ISBN-13: 9780495110248
- 592 Pages | Hardcover
- COPYRIGHT: 2013 Published
EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY: AN INTEGRATED APPROACH presents the fundamental concepts of exercise physiology. Students learn the immediate and long-term effects of exercise on physiological systems in the context of the most recent research, including molecular and genetics studies. The text focuses on issues like obesity, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome, and is designed to address the global pandemic of sedentary diseases in all age groups. The examples in the text are integrated throughout and link the principles of exercise physiology to strategies that students can use to apply the science in real-life client situations
1. Epidemiology, Physical Activity, Exercise and Health.
2. Basic Training Principles for Exercise.
3. Neuromuscular Responses and Adaptations to Exercise
4. Basics of Exercise Metabolism.
5. Fuel Utilization During Exercise.
6. Hormonal Regulation of Metabolism During Exercise.
6A. Exercise, Obesity, and Metabolic Syndrome.
6B. Exercise and Diabetes Mellitus.
7. The Cardiovascular System and Exercise.
8. Cardiovascular Adaptations to an Exercise Program.
9. The Respiratory System and Exercise.
10. Measurement of Common Anaerobic Abilities and Cardiorespiratory Responses Related to Exercise.
11. Basics of Nutrition for Exercise.
12. Nutritional Strategies and Ergogenic Aids to Enhance Exercise.
13. Body Composition and Weight Management.
14. Adaptations to Environmental Extremes: Heat, Cold, Altitude, Pollution.
Appendix. Training Program Examples.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Making lecture preparation easier, this CD-ROM includes customizable PowerPoint® presentation slides with images from the text, animations relevant to the course content, new BBC® video clips, and electronic versions of the Instructor's Manual and Test Bank. JoinIn content for Response Systems tailored to the text allows you to transform your classroom and assess your students' progress with instant in-class quizzes and polls. Featuring automatic grading, ExamView® allows you to create, deliver, and customize tests and study guides (both print and online) in minutes. See assessments onscreen exactly as they will print or display online. Build tests of up to 250 questions using up to 12 question types and enter an unlimited number of new questions or edit existing questions.Pedometers (ISBN-10: 0495013153 | ISBN-13: 9780495013150)
In alliance with Walk4Life®, students can purchase the Walk4Life Elite Model pedometer, which tracks steps, elapsed time, and distance, as well as includes a calorie counter and a clock, all for just $15.00 with any of our texts. It provides an excellent in-class activity or tool to encourage students to track their steps and walk toward better fitness awareness.
Increase your health step by step with the Walk4Life® Elite Model pedometer, which tracks steps, elapsed time, and distance, as well as includes a calorie counter and clock.