Nursing Assistant: A Nursing Process Approach, 11th Edition
- Barbara Acello
- Barbara Hegner
- ISBN-10: 1133132383
- ISBN-13: 9781133132387
- 1024 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2008, 2004, 1999
- COPYRIGHT: 2016 Published
The favorite in nursing assistant education, NURSING ASSISTING: A NURSING PROCESS APPROACH, 11E prepares more nursing assistants for meaningful careers in acute care, long-term care, and home health than any other book of its kind! The step-by-step format walks you through more than 150 procedures, including key skills in patient handling and transfers, wound care, communication, safety, and record keeping, as well as special care procedures for patients with medical devices, catheters, and physical or mental impairments. Easy-to understand chapters also take you through the essential background information nursing assistants need to know, such as basic human anatomy, career planning, and the latest health care trends. Updated throughout, this edition has numerous carefully chosen new full color photos and illustrations to bring the content to life. Designed to make learning fun and easy, NURSING ASSISTING: A NURSING PROCESS APPROACH, 11E is the perfect solution for nursing assisting education.
SECTION 1: INTRODUCTION TO NURSING ASSISTING.
1. Community Health Care.
2. On the Job: Being a Nursing Assistant.
3. Consumer Rights and Responsibilities in Health Care.
4. Ethical and Legal Issues Affecting the Nursing Assistant.
SECTION 2: SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLES.
5. Medical Terminology and Body Organization.
6. Classification of Disease.
SECTION 3: BASIC HUMAN NEEDS AND COMMUNICATION.
7. Communication Skills.
8. Observation, Reporting, and Documentation.
9. Meeting Basic Human Needs.
10. Comfort, Pain, Rest, and Sleep.
11. Developing Cultural Sensitivity.
SECTION 4: INFECTION AND INFECTION CONTROL.
13. Infection Control.
SECTION 5: SAFETY AND MOBILITY.
14. Environmental and Nursing Assistant Safety.
15. Patient Safety and Positioning.
16. The Patient’s Mobility: Transfer Skills.
17. The Patient’s Mobility: Ambulation.
SECTION 6: MEASURING AND RECORDING VITAL SIGNS, HEIGHT, AND WEIGHT.
18. Body Temperature.
19. Pulse and Respiration.
20. Blood Pressure.
21. Measuring Height and Weight.
SECTION 7: PATIENT CARE AND COMFORT MEASURES.
22. Admission, Transfer, and Discharge.
24. Patient Bathing.
25. General Comfort Measures.
SECTION 8: PRINCIPLES OF NUTRITION AND FLUID BALANCE.
26. Nutritional Needs and Diet Modifications.
SECTION 9: SPECIAL CARE PROCEDURES.
27. Warm and Cold Applications.
28. Assisting with the Physical Examination.
29. The Surgical Patient.
30. Caring for the Emotionally Stressed Patient.
31. Caring for the Bariatric Patient.
32. Death and Dying.
SECTION 10: OTHER HEALTH CARE SETTINGS.
33. Care of the Elderly and Chronically Ill.
34. The Organization of Home Care: Trends in Health Care.
35. The Nursing Assistant in Home Care.
36. Subacute Care.
37. Alternative, Complementary, and Integrative Approaches to Patient Care.
SECTION 11: BODY SYSTEMS, COMMON DISORDERS, AND RELATED CARE PROCEDURES.
38. Integumentary System.
39. Respiratory System.
40. Circulatory (Cardiovascular) System.
41. Musculoskeletal System.
42. Endocrine System.
43. Nervous System.
44. Gastrointestinal System.
45. Urinary System.
46. Reproductive System.
47. Care of the Patient with Cancer.
SECTION 12: EXPANDED ROLE OF THE NURSING ASSISTANT.
48. Rehabilitation and Restorative Services.
49. Obstetrical Patient and Neonate.
50. Pediatric Patients.
SECTION 13: MOVING FORWARD.
51. Response to Basic Emergencies
52. Employment Opportunities and Career Growth.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Cengage Learning Testing by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions. Create multiple test versions in an instant, and then deliver tests from your LMS, classroom, or wherever you want.Workbook for Acello/Hegner's Nursing Assistant: A Nursing Process Approach (ISBN-10: 1133132405 | ISBN-13: 9781133132400)
Updated for the 11th Edition, this workbook presents numerous activities and review questions to help reinforce student understanding of each unit. Students start by reviewing the unit summary, complete the activities to strengthen their recall, and then finish by reading the discussion questions to synthesize knowledge.MindTap Nursing Assistant, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access for Acello/Hegner, Nursing Assistant: A Nursing Process Approach (ISBN-10: 1305264894 | ISBN-13: 9781305264892)
MindTap is the fully-online, highly personalized learning environment built upon content from Cengage Learning texts. More than an eBook, the MindTap Personal Learning Experience combines student learning tools—readings, multimedia, activities, and assessments—into a single learning path that guides students through their course. Instructors personalize the experience by customizing Cengage Learning content and tools, or adding outside content with applications that integrate with the MindTap Framework.
Updated for the 11th Edition, this workbook presents numerous activities and review questions to help reinforce your understanding of each unit. Start by reviewing the unit summary, complete the activities to strengthen your recall, and then finish by reading the discussion questions to synthesize your knowledge.MindTap Nursing Assistant, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access for Acello/Hegner, Nursing Assistant: A Nursing Process Approach (ISBN-10: 1305264894 | ISBN-13: 9781305264892)
MindTap Nursing Assistant for Hegner/Acello/Caldwell's Nursing Assistant: A Nursing Process Approach, 11th Edition provides you with the tools you need to better manage your limited time -- you can complete assignments whenever and wherever you are ready to learn with course material specially customized for you by your instructor and streamlined in one proven, easy-to-use interface. With an array of tools and apps -- from note taking to flashcards -- you'll get a true understanding of course concepts, helping you to achieve better grades and setting the groundwork for your future courses. Access to this product is valid for 6 months of usage.