Delmar Learning’s Clinical Handbook for the Medical Office, Spiral bound Version, 3rd Edition
- Michelle Heller, CMA (AAMA), RMA
- ISBN-10: 1133691560
- ISBN-13: 9781133691563
- 408 Pages | Spiralbound
- Previous Editions: 2004, 1997
- COPYRIGHT: 2013 Published
Delmar s CLINICAL HANDBOOK FOR THE MEDICAL OFFICE, 3rd Edition explores the medical assisting duties performed in offices and clinical settings today. Organized in a chart format for quick reference and easy reading, the book covers documentation, terms and abbreviations, telephone assessments, lab and x-ray procedures, commonly prescribed drugs, and much more. This ideal reference for anyone in ambulatory care also includes sections on OB-GYN and pediatric screening and procedures to prepare learners for these specialized settings, while an all-new, coordinating pocket guide equips medical assistants on the move.
1. Abbreviations, Symbols, and Commonly Misspelled Terms.
2. Documentation Basics and Conducting In-Office Screenings.
3. Telephone Screenings.
4. Common Procedures in General Practice.
5. Pediatric Screenings and Procedures.
6. OB-GYN Screenings and Procedures.
7. Pharmacology References and Procedures.
8. Laboratory References and Procedures.
9. X-Ray and Diagnostic Examinations (Prep).
10. Emergency Procedures.
11. Hugs in the Hallway.