Marketing Strategy, Text and Cases, 6th Edition
- O. C. Ferrell
- Michael Hartline
- ISBN-10: 1285073045
- ISBN-13: 9781285073040
- 624 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2011, 2008, 2005
- COPYRIGHT: 2014 Published
MARKETING STRATEGY 6th edition emphasizes teaching students to think and act like marketers. It presents strategy from a perspective that guides strategic marketing management in the social, economic, and technological arenas in which businesses function today--helping students develop a customer-oriented market strategy and market plan. Its practical approach to analyzing, planning, and implementing marketing strategies is based on the creative process involved in applying marketing concepts to the development and implementation of marketing strategy. An emphasis on critical thinking enables students to understand the essence of how marketing decisions fit together to create a coherent strategy. Well-grounded in developing and executing a marketing plan, the text offers a complete planning framework, thorough marketing plan worksheets, and a comprehensive marketing plan example for students to follow. Available with InfoTrac® Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
Part 1: SETTING THE STAGE FOR MARKETING STRATEGY.
1. Marketing in Today's Economy.
2. Strategic Marketing Planning.
Part 2: DISCOVERING MARKET OPPORTUNITIES.
3. Collecting and Analyzing Marketing Information.
4. Developing Competitive Advantage and Strategic Focus.
Part 3: DEVELOPING MARKETING STRATEGY.
5. Customers, Segmentation, and Target Marketing.
6. The Marketing Program.
7. Branding and Positioning.
Part 4: PUTTING STRATEGY INTO ACTION.
8. Ethics and Social Responsibility in Marketing Strategy.
9. Marketing Implementation and Control.
10. Developing and Maintaining Long-Term Customer Relationships.
Part 5: CASES.
1. USA Today: Innovation in an Evolving Industry.
2. Apple’s Winning Marketing Strategy.
3. Monsanto Balances the Interests of Multiple Stakeholders.
4. New Belgium Brewing (A): Gaining Competitive Advantage Through Socially Responsible Marketing.
5. New Belgium Brewing (B): Developing a Brand Personality.
6. Mattel Confronts Its Marketing Challenges.
7. Mistine: Direct Selling in the Thai Cosmetics Market.
8. BP Struggles to Repair Its Tarnished Reputation
9. Chevrolet: 100 Years of Product Innovation.
10. Wyndham Worldwide Adopts a Stakeholder Orientation Marketing Strategy.
11. NASCAR: Can’t Keep a Good Brand Down.
12. IndyCar: Seeking a Return to Motorsports’ Fast Lane.
13. Zappos: Delivering Happiness.
14. Sigma Marketing: Strategic Marketing Adaptation.
15. Netflix Fights to Stay Ahead of a Rapidly Changing Market.
16. Gillette: Why Innovation May Not Be Enough.
17. IKEA Slowly Expands Its U.S. Market Presence.
18. IVEY: Sushilicious: Standing Out in a Crowded Field.
19. IVEY: Trouble Brews at Starbucks.
20. IVEY: Groupon
Part 6: TOOLS FOR DEVELOPING A MARKETING PLAN.
Appendix A: Marketing Plan Worksheets.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
For your convenience, the IRCD includes the Instructor's Manual, the ExamView Test Bank, and the PowerPoint® slides in one easily accessible resource. Extra resources include sample syllabi, and an electronic version of the Marketing Plan Worksheets that appear in Appendix A of the text.