Understanding Computers: Today and Tomorrow, Introductory, 15th Edition
- Deborah Morley
- Charles S. Parker
- ISBN-10: 1285767306
- ISBN-13: 9781285767307
- 440 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2013, 2011, 2009
- COPYRIGHT: 2015 Published
Understanding Computers: Today and Tomorrow gives your students a classic introduction to computer concepts with a modern twist! Known for its emphasis on industry insight and societal issues, this text makes concepts relevant to today's career-focused students and has increased emphasis on mobile computing and related issues such as mobile commerce and mobile security.
1. Introduction to the World of Computers.
2. The System Unit: Processing and Memory.
4. Input and Output.
5. System Software: Operating Systems and Utility Programs.
6. Application Software.
7. Computer Networks.
8. The Internet and the World Wide Web.
9. Network and Internet Security.