Technician's Guide to Programmable Controllers, 6th Edition
- Terry Borden
- Richard A. Cox
- ISBN-10: 1111544093
- ISBN-13: 9781111544096
- 416 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2007, 2001, 1995
- COPYRIGHT: 2013 Published
Known for its comprehensive introduction to PLCs, this completely updated sixth edition of TECHNICIAN'S GUIDE TO PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLLERS covers theory, hardware, instructions, programming, installation, startup, and troubleshooting in a way that is easy to understand and apply. New material has been added to include topics such as sequential function chart programming, function block programming, structured text programming, alarm and event programming, and programming information and examples on the Allen-Bradley ControlLogix family of PLCs. Additional topics include communication networks, basic control signals, linear scaling of analog process signals, and the Proportional Integral Derivative (PID) instructions used by many PLC applications. Supplementary programming examples utilizing the PLC instructions in the text give students a better understanding of the various instructions and how they can be combined to create simple yet effective control logic solutions for today's world.
1. What is a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)?
2. Understanding the Input/Output (I/O) Section.
3. Processor Unit.
4. Memory Organization.
5. Numbering Systems.
6. Understanding and Using Ladder Diagrams.
7. Relay Type Instructions.
8. Programming a PLC.
9. Programming Considerations.
10. Program Control Instructions.
11. Programming Timers.
12. Programming Counters.
13. Data Manipulation.
14. Math Functions.
15. Word and Array (file) Instructions.
17. Process Control Signals, Scaling, and PID Instructions.
18. Function Block Programming.
19. Sequential Function Chart Programming.
20. Structured Text Programming.
21. Alarm and Event Programming.
22. Understanding Communication Networks.
23. Start Up and Troubleshooting.
24. PLC Programming Examples.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.