Historical Geology, 7th Edition
- Reed Wicander
- James S. Monroe
- ISBN-10: 1111987297
- ISBN-13: 9781111987299
- 448 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2010, 2007, 2004
- COPYRIGHT: 2013 Published
Cengage Learning's HISTORICAL GEOLOGY brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools along with comprehensive text content for historical geology courses. Adopt the resources that enable your students to purchase the right solution to meet their needs, whether it's a traditional printed text, all digital learning platform, or package that includes the best of both worlds. With the recently updated Historical Geology 7th Edition and CourseMate's interactive teaching and learning tools, it's never been easier to introduce students to the geological and biological history of Earth and the underlying principles and processes that have shaped our planet.
1. The Dynamic and Evolving Earth.
2. Minerals and Rocks.
3. Plate Tectonics: A Unifying Theory.
4. Geologic Time: Concepts and Principles.
5. Rocks, Fossils, and Time--Making Sense of the Geologic Record.
6. Sedimentary Rocks--The Archives of Earth History.
7. Evolution--The Theory and Its Supporting Evidence.
8. Precambrian Earth and Life History--The Archean Eon.
9. Precambrian Earth and Life History--The Proterozoic Eon.
10. Early Paleozoic Earth History.
11. Late Paleozoic Earth History.
12. Paleozoic Life History: Invertebrates.
13. Paleozoic Life History: Vertebrates and Plants.
14. Mesozoic Earth History.
15. Life of the Mesozoic Era.
16. Cenozoic Earth History: The Paleogene and Neogene.
17. Cenozoic Geologic History: The Pleistocene and Holocene Epochs.
18. Life of the Cenozoic Era.
19. Primate and Human Evolution.
Appendix A: Metric Conversion Chart.
Appendix B: Classification of Organisms.
Appendix C: Mineral Identification.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Cengage Learning's CourseMate for Historical Geology brings course concepts to life with online learning, including study, exam preparation tools along with an interactive eBook enabling students to take notes, highlight, search and interact with embedded media. CourseMate goes beyond the book to deliver what you need!Online Instructor's Manual with Test Bank (ISBN-10: 1111831084 | ISBN-13: 9781111831080)
Streamline and maximize the effectiveness of your course preparation using such resources as chapter by chapter outlines, objectives, summaries, lecture suggestions, enrichment topics, and answers to chapter review questions. This time-saving resource also includes a Test Bank with answers.PowerLecture with ExamView® (ISBN-10: 1111987424 | ISBN-13: 9781111987428)
PowerLecture instructor resources are a collection of book-specific lecture and class tools on DVD. The fastest and easiest way to build powerful, customized media-rich lectures, PowerLecture assets include chapter-specific PowerPoint presentations, images, animations and video, instructor manual, test bank, and more. PowerLecture media-teaching tools are an effective way to enhance the educational experience.ExamView® (ISBN-10: 1111831173 | ISBN-13: 9781111831172)
Featuring automatic grading, ExamView® allows you to create, deliver, and customize tests and study guides (both print and online) in minutes, and features automatic grading. See assessments onscreen exactly as they will print or display online. Includes a test bank with hundreds of questions customized directly to the text.
The more you study, the better the results. Make the most of your study time by accessing everything you need to succeed in one place. Read your text, take notes, review flashcards, watch videos, and take practice quizzes online with CourseMate.