Principles of Supply Chain Management: A Balanced Approach, 4th Edition
- Joel D. Wisner
- Keah-Choon Tan
- G. Keong Leong
- ISBN-10: 1285428315
- ISBN-13: 9781285428314
- 576 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2012, 2009, 2005
- COPYRIGHT: 2016 Published
Updated with the latest practices, trends, and developments from the field, PRINCIPLES OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: A BALANCED APPROACH, 4E guides students step by step through the management of all supply chain activity while addressing real-world concerns related to domestic and global supply chains. Comprehensive, one-of-a-kind coverage encompasses operations, purchasing, logistics, and process integration. The text follows the natural flow through the supply chain--resulting in one of the most balanced approaches available. Well-organized chapters demonstrate the practical applications of supply chain management in today's workplace, and intriguing SCM Profiles provide abundant real-world business examples. The fourth edition includes revised and expanded end-of-chapter questions and problems. In addition, the Instructor Companion Website includes 29 cases, the Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint® slides, a test bank, and a YouTube video library.
Part I: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: AN OVERVIEW.
1. Introduction to Supply Chain Management.
Part II: SUPPLY ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
2. Purchasing Management.
3. Creating and Managing Supplier Relationship.
4. Ethical and Sustainable Sourcing.
Part III: OPERATIONS ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
5. Demand Forecasting.
6. Resource Planning Systems.
7. Inventory Management.
8. Process Management--Lean and Six Sigma in the Supply Chain.
Part IV: DISTRIBUTION ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
9. Domestic U.S. and Global Logistics.
10. Customer Relationship Management.
11. Global Location Decisions.
12. Service Response Logistics.
Part V: INTEGRATION ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
13. Supply Chain Process Integration.
14. Performance Measurement Along the Supply Chain.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your learning management system, your classroom, or wherever you want!