Fundamentals of Physical Geography, 2nd Edition
- James Petersen
- Dorothy Sack
- Robert E. Gabler
- ISBN-10: 1133606539
- ISBN-13: 9781133606536
- 544 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2011
- COPYRIGHT: 2015 Published
Cengage Learning's FUNDAMENTALS OF PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools along with market leading text content for introductory physical geography courses. Adopt the resources that enable your students to purchase the right solution to meet their needs, whether it's a traditional printed text, all digital learning platform, or package that includes the best of both worlds. With the recently updated FUNDAMENTALS OF PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY and CourseMate's interactive teaching and learning tools, it's never been easier to help students understand the relationship between humans and physical geography, and how one impacts the other.
1. Physical Geography: Earth Environments and Systems.
2. Representations of Earth.
3. Solar Energy and Atmospheric Heating.
4. Atmospheric Pressure, Winds, and Circulation Patterns.
5. Humidity, Condensation, and Precipitation.
6. Air Masses and Weather Systems.
7. Climate Classification: Tropical, Arid, and Mesothermal Climate Regions.
8. Microthermal, Polar, and Highland Climate Regions: Climate Change.
9. Biogeography and Soils.
10. Earth Materials and Plate Tectonics.
11. Volcanic and Tectonic Processes and Landforms.
12. Weathering and Mass Wasting.
13. Water Resources and Karst Landforms.
14. Fluvial Processes and Landforms.
15. Arid Region Landforms and Eolian Systems.
16. Glacial Systems and Landforms.
17. Coastal Processes and Landforms.
Appendix A: SI Units.
Appendix B: Topographic Maps.
Appendix C: The Koppen Climate Classification System.
Appendix D: The 12 Soil Orders of the National Resource Conservation Service.
Appendix E: Understanding and Recognizing Some Common Rocks.