Course360 Developmental English Printed Access Card, 2nd Edition
- ISBN-10: 1111726671
- ISBN-13: 9781111726676
- Mixed Media
- Previous Editions: 2010
- COPYRIGHT: 2011 Published
Course360 for Developmental English is a full online course, designed by a team of Instructional Designers and Subject Matter Experts specifically for online or hybrid learning environments. Our team of experts finds the best digital content in our library to teach all relevant topics, and we then write assessments to test them. Syllabus, content and assessments are all tied together through an outcomes-based framework that focuses on your students' ultimate success in the course. Course360 also works within your very own Learning Management System and is highly customizable and flexible. We can perform customization for you, or you can make modifications along the way. Either way, you have the opportunity to make the course your own. *This is where you can include any pertinent discipline-specific information.
At the completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. Use prewriting activities to generate and organize ideas.
2. Compose a topic sentence including a controlling idea and topic that will lend effectively to a clear, focused paragraph.
3. Write and edit sentences using proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and usage conventions.
4. Select ideas related to a topic and arrange them in a logical order.
5. Write an illustration paragraph that begins with an opinion and is followed by facts that support the opinion.
6. Write a thesis statement for an essay, generate ideas to support the thesis statement, and draft an essay.
7. Revise an essay for coherent flow of ideas, concise and varied sentence structures and verbs, and appropriate word choice.