Families and Educators as Partners: Issues and Challenges, 2nd Edition
- Robert E. Rockwell
- Lynda C. Andre
- Mary K. Hawley
- ISBN-10: 1428318283
- ISBN-13: 9781428318281
- 416 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 1996
- COPYRIGHT: 2010 Published
FAMILIES AND EDUCATORS AS PARTNERS: ISSUES AND CHALLENGES, 2nd Edition, presents multiple strategies and techniques for building family involvement in schools, and helps students discern which to employ in the various educational settings they will encounter. Written with both public and private education in mind, this text includes many helpful features, including chapter-by-chapter student learning outcomes; boldface key terms; practical, experience-based examples; questions for discussion, expansion, and application; case studies; and website resources.
"…provides great detail and information that is pertinent to so much of what is occurring in today's culture and society."
— Mary Browne, South Dakota State University
Part I: OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES.
1. Why Family Involvement?
2. Special Considerations in Partnering with Families.
3. Working with Families from Diverse Cultures.
4. Working with Parents of Children with Special Needs.
Part II: COMMUNICATION.
5. Written Correspondence.
6. Verbal Communications.
7. Home Visits.
8. Parent Group Meetings.
9. Parent/Teacher Conferences.
Part III: SUPPORT.
10. Parent and Community Volunteers.
11. Parents as Decision Makers: Empowerment in Process.
12. Utilizing Community Networks and Collaborations: Linking Education and Human Services for Family Support.