Writing for Psychology, 4th Edition
- Mark L. Mitchell
- Janina M. Jolley
- Robert P. O'Shea
- ISBN-10: 1111840636
- ISBN-13: 9781111840631
- 288 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2010, 2007, 2004
- COPYRIGHT: 2013 Published
WRITING FOR PSYCHOLOGY, Fourth Edition offers concise assistance for students writing their research analyses using APA style®. By providing concrete examples of common errors, the authors show rather than merely tell students what to do and what to avoid. This manual will help students adhere to the basics of APA style; refine critical thinking skills, library search skills, revising skills, editing skills, and proofing skills; and avoid plagiarism. Checklists precede a summary at the end of every chapter, giving students the chance to make sure they have been thorough in their reports.
1. What Every Student Should Know About Writing Psychology Papers.
2. Writing Term Papers.
3. Writing Research Reports and Proposals.
4. Finding, Reading, Citing, and Referencing Sources.
5. Making Your Case: A Guide to Skeptical Reading and Logical Writing.
6. Writing the Wrongs: How to Avoid Gruesome Grammar, Putrid Punctuation, and Saggy Style.
7. Preparing the Final Draft.
Appendix A: APA Copy Style Versus APA Final-Form Style.
Appendix B: Problem Plurals.