Understanding Dying, Death, and Bereavement, 7th Edition
- Michael R. Leming
- George E. Dickinson
- ISBN-10: 0495810185
- ISBN-13: 9780495810186
- 592 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2007, 2002, 1998
- COPYRIGHT: 2011 Published
Using a social-psychological approach, this edition remains solidly grounded in theory and research, but places greater emphasis on the individual and coping with death and dying. These two well-known authors and researchers integrate stimulating personal accounts throughout the text, and apply concepts to specific examples that deal with cross cultural perspectives and the practical matters of death and dying.
1. Studying Dying, Death, and Bereavement.
2. The American Experience of Death.
3. Growing Up with Death.
4. Perspectives on Death and Life After Death.
5. The Dying Process.
6. Living with Dying.
7. Dying in the American Health-Care System.
8. Biomedical Issues and Euthanasia.
10. Diversity in Death Rituals.
11. The Business of Dying.
12. The Legal Aspects of Dying.
13. Coping with Loss.
14. Grieving Throughout the Life Cycle.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
By Michael Leming of St. Olaf College and George Dickinson of the College of Charleston. Prepare for class more quickly and effectively with such resources as chapter outlines, lecture suggestions, and sample syllabi from the main text authors. Also, a Test Bank with 25-30 true/false questions and 25-30 multiple choice questions, all with answers, as well as 10-15 essay questions saves you time creating tests. New Features: New True/False questions. New multiple choice questions. New essay questions.