Quality & Performance Excellence, 8th Edition
- James Evans
- ISBN-10: 1305662229
- ISBN-13: 9781305662223
- 496 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2014, 2011, 2008
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
Packed with cutting-edge coverage that includes the latest theory and practices from the field, QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE, 8e has three primary objectives: familiarize students with the basic principles and methods, show how these principles and methods have been put into effect in a variety of organizations, and illustrate the relationship between basic principles and the popular theories and models studied in management courses. Extremely flexible and student friendly, the text is organized according to traditional management topics, helping students quickly see the connections between quality principles and management theories. Discussions of the Baldrige criteria are updated to reflect 2015-16 criteria. The eighth edition also includes new examples, experiential exercises, and case studies. Providing practical experience, many cases focus on large and small companies in manufacturing and service industries in North and South America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
Part I: FOUNDATIONS OF QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE.
1. Introduction to Quality and Performance Excellence.
2. Frameworks for Quality and Performance Excellence.
3. Tools and Techniques for Quality Design and Control.
4. Tools and Techniques for Quality Improvement.
Part II: PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE, STRATEGY, AND ORGANIZATIONAL THEORY.
5. Competitive Advantage and Strategic Management for Performance Excellence.
6. Quality in Customer-Supplier Relationships.
7. Designing Organizations for Performance Excellence.
Part III: PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE AND ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR.
8. Quality Teamwork.
9. Engagement, Empowerment, and Motivation.
Part IV: LEADERSHIP AND ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE.
10. Leadership for Performance Excellence.
11. Performance Excellence and Organizational Change.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
This website provides a variety of resources to help students review for class, including chapter outlines, glossaries, flashcards, and learning objectives.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1305662261 | ISBN-13: 9781305662261)
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.