Issues for Debate in Corporate Social Responsibility: Selections From CQ Researcher, 1st Edition
- CQ Researcher
- ISBN-10: 1412977568
- ISBN-13: 9781412977562
- 0 Pages | Paperback
- COPYRIGHT: 2010 Published
Corporate Social Responsibility: Is Good Citizenship Good for the Bottom Line? Curbing CEO Pay: Is Executive Compensation Out of Control? Buying Green: Does It Really Help the Environment? These are just a few of the provocative questions posed in Issues for Debate in Corporate Social Responsibility. This engaging reader allows students to see an issue from all sides and to think critically about topics that matter to them. Classroom discussion will never be dull again!
INTRODUCTION TO CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
1. Corporate Social Responsibility: Is Good Citizenship Good for the Bottom Line?
2. Curbing CEO Pay: Is Executive Compensation Out of Control?
3. Gender Pay Gap: Are Women Paid Fairly in the Workplace?
4. Labor Unions? Future: Can They Survive in the Age of Globalization?
5. Socially Responsible Investing: Can Investors Do Well by Doing Good?
6. Regulating Credit Cards: Are Tougher Regulations Needed to Protect Consumers?
7. Fair Trade Labeling: Is It Helping Small Farmers in Developing Countries?
8. Buying Green: Does It Really Help the Environment?
9. Consumer Safety: Do Government Regulators Need More Power?
10. Limiting Lawsuits: Is Business Pushing Too Hard to Restrict Litigation?
11. The New Environmentalism: Can New Business Policies Save the Environment?
12. Confronting Warming: Can States and Localities Prevent Climate Change?
13. Carbon Trading: Will It Reduce Global Warming?
14. Ecotourism: Does It Help or Hurt Fragile Lands and Cultures?
15. Philanthropy in America: Are Americans Generous Givers?