Data Communications and Computer Networks: A Business User's Approach, 7th Edition
- Curt White
- ISBN-10: 1133626467
- ISBN-13: 9781133626466
- 528 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2011, 2009, 2007
- COPYRIGHT: 2013 Published
Data communications and computer networks are vital in today's business world. DATABASE COMMUNICATIONS AND COMPUTER NETWORKS, 7th Edition balances technical and practical everyday aspects of data communications for future business managers, computer programmers, and system designers needing a thorough understanding of basic features, operations, and limitations of different types of computer networks. The Seventh Edition retains many of the elements that made past editions so popular, including readability and coverage of the most current technologies. This book offers full coverage of wireless technologies, industry convergence, compression techniques, network security, LAN technologies, VoIP, and error detection and correction.
1. Introduction to Computer Networks and Data Communications.
2. Fundamentals of Data and Signals.
3. Conducted and Wireless Media.
4. Making Connections.
5. Making Connections Efficient: Multiplexing and Compression.
6. Errors, Error Detection, and Error Controls.
7. Local Area Networks: The Basics.
8. Local Area Networks: Software and Support Systems.
9. Introduction to Metropolitan Area Networks and Wide Area Networks.
10. The Internet.
11. Voice and Data Delivery Networks.
12. Network Security.
13. Network Design and Management.