Security and Access Control Using Biometric Technologies, 1st Edition
- Robert Newman
- ISBN-10: 1435441052
- ISBN-13: 9781435441057
- 512 Pages | Paperback
- COPYRIGHT: 2010 Published
Security and Access Control Using Biometric Technologies presents an introduction to biometrics or the study of recognizing individuals based on their unique physical or behavioral traits, as they relate to computer security. The book begins with the basics of biometric technologies and discusses how and why biometric systems are emerging in information security. An emphasis is directed towards authentication, authorization, identification, and access control. Topics covered include security and management required to protect valuable computer and network resources and assets, and methods of providing control over access and security for computers and networks. Written for a broad level of readers, this book applies to information system and information technology students, as well as network managers, security administrators and other practitioners. Oriented towards the practical application of biometrics in the real world, Security and Access Control Using Biometric Technologies provides the reader with a realistic view of the use of biometrics in the ever-changing industry of information security.
PART I – FUNDAMENTALS.
1. Access Control Using Biometrics.
2. Biometric Traits and Modalities.
PART II – TECHNOLOGY.
3. Biometric Applications and Solutions.
4. Repositories for Database and Template Storage.
5. Legacy and Biometric Systems.
6. Uni-Modal, Multi-modal, and Multi-biometrics Integration.
PART III – ADMINISTRATION.
7. Policy and Program Management.
8. Access Control Methods and Technologies.
9. System Confidentiality, Integrity, and Accessibility.
10. Security and Privacy Issues.
11. Implementation, Operation, and Management Issues.
12. Standards, Organizations, and Legal Environment.
A: Biometrics acronyms.
B: Biometrics vendors.