Hands-On Microsoft® Windows® Server 2016, 2nd Edition
- Michael Palmer
- ISBN-10: 1305078624
- ISBN-13: 9781305078628
- 624 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2009, 2004, 2004
- COPYRIGHT: 2018 Published
HANDS-ON MICROSOFT® WINDOWS® SERVER 2016 is the perfect resource for learning Windows® Server 2016 from the ground up. Designed to build a foundation in basic server administration, this book requires no previous server experience. It covers all of the critical Windows® Server 2016 features, including the advantages unique to this new server operating system. Your students learn how to choose the right server edition for their needs. They also learn to install, configure, customize, manage, and troubleshoot servers most effectively. If your students are new to server administration, this book provides the background and knowledge they need to manage servers on small to large networks. If they are experienced server administrators, this book provides a quick option for getting up to speed on new Windows® Server 2016 administration.
1. Introduction to Windows Server 2016.
2. Installing Windows Server 2016.
3. Configuring the Windows® Server 2016 Environment.
4. Introduction to Active Directory and Account Management.
5. Configuring, Managing, and Troubleshooting Resource Access.
6. Configuring Windows® Server 2016 Printing.
7. Configuring and Managing Data Storage.
8. Managing Windows® Server 2016 Network Services.
9. Configuring Remote Access Services.
10. Securing Windows® Server 2016.
11. Server and Network Monitoring.
12. Managing System Reliability and Availability.
Appendix A: Windows® Server 2016 Virtualization and Hyper-V.
Appendix B: Sample Windows® PowerShell Cmdlets.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1305108744 | ISBN-13: 9781305108745)
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.