Fundamentals of Dimensional Metrology, 6th Edition
- Connie L. Dotson
- ISBN-10: 1133600891
- ISBN-13: 9781133600893
- 656 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2007, 2003, 1998
- COPYRIGHT: 2016 Published
Reflecting the latest changes in standards and technology, market-leading FUNDAMENTALS OF DIMENSIONAL METROLOGY, 6e combines hands-on applications with authoritative, comprehensive coverage of the principles, techniques, and devices used within today's dimensional metrology field. The Sixth Edition has been thoroughly revised and updated in direct response to reviewer feedback. The new edition features an easier to understand presentation, a new lab manual/workbook, updated photos and illustrations and updated references to measurement standards.. The text continues to use both metric and imperial systems but emphasizes metric measurement devices and concepts in all examples for greater consistency with the latest industry trends.
1. Measurement and Metrology.
2. Language and Systems of Measurement.
3. Measurement and Tolerances.
4. Statistics and Metrology.
5. Graduated Scales and Scaled Instruments.
6. Vernier Instruments.
7. Micrometer Instruments
8. Gage Blocks.
10. Measurement by Comparison.
11. Reference Planes.
12. Angle Measurement.
13. Surface Measurement.
14. High Amplification-Comparators.
15. Pneumatic Measurement.
16. Optical Flats.
17. Optical Metrology.
18. Coordinate Measuring Machines.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.