Practical Problems in Mathematics for Electricians, 9th Edition
- Stephen L. Herman
- ISBN-10: 1111313474
- ISBN-13: 9781111313470
- 208 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2008, 2005, 2002
- COPYRIGHT: 2012 Published
PRACTICAL PROBLEMS IN MATHEMATICS FOR ELECTRICIANS, 9E will give your students the math skills they need to succeed in the electrical trade. It introduces them to the important math principles through problems designed for the electrical profession and offers them an excellent opportunity to develop and practice problem-solving skills while at the same time providing a valuable review of electrical terminology. This new edition uses the same straightforward writing style and simple, step-by-step explanations that made previous editions so reader-friendly. It minimizes theory and emphasizes problem-solving techniques and practice problems. This new edition also includes updated illustrations and information for a better learning experience than ever before! The book begins with basic arithmetic and then, once these basic topics have been mastered, progresses to algebra and concludes with trigonometry. Practical problems with real-world scenarios from the electrical field are used throughout, allowing your students to apply key mathematical concepts while developing an awareness of basic electrical terms and practices. This is the perfect resource for students entering the electrical industry, or those simply looking to brush up on the necessary math.
1. Addition of Whole Numbers.
2. Subtraction of Whole Numbers.
3. Multiplication of Whole Numbers.
4. Division of Whole Numbers.
5. Combined Operations with Whole Numbers.
6. Addition of Common Fractions.
7. Subtraction of Common Fractions.
8. Multiplication of Common Fractions.
9. Division of Common Fractions.
10. Combined Operations with Common Fractions.
11. Addition of Decimal Fractions.
12. Subtractions of Decimal Fractions.
13. Multiplications of Decimal Fractions.
14. Division of Decimal Fractions.
15. Decimal and Common Fraction Equivalents.
16. Combined Operations with Decimal Fractions.
17. Percent and Percentage
20. Averages and Estimates.
21. Combined Problems on Percents, Averages, and Estimates.
24. Combined Operations with Powers and Roots.
25. Metric Measure and Scientific Notation.
26. Length Measure.
27. Area Measure.
28. Volume and Mass Measure.
29. Energy and Temperature Measure.
30. Combined Problems on Measure.
33. Combined Operations with Ratio And Proportion.
34. Representations in Formulas.
35. Rearrangement in Formulas.
36. General Simple Formulas.
37. Ohms Law Formulas.
38. Power Formulas.
39. Combined Problems on Formulas.
40. Right Triangles.
41. Trigonometric Functions.
42. Plane Vectors
43. Rotating Vectors.
44. Combined Problems in Trigonometry.
45. Number Systems.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Attention CourseMate user: Cengage support for existing users of CourseMate will end of 8/1/2020.
Cengage Learning's Applied Math CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Access an integrated eBook, learning tools including flashcards, quizzes, and more, all designed specifically to work with PRACTICAL PROBLEMS IN MATHEMATICS FOR ELECTRICIANS, 9th Edition.