Practical Problems in Mathematics for Renewable Energy Technicians, 1st Edition
- Russell B. DeVore
- ISBN-10: 1285079337
- ISBN-13: 9781285079332
- 304 Pages | Paperback
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
Give students the essential quantitative skills they need to succeed in today’s exciting and rapidly growing field of renewable energy with DeVore’s PRACTICAL PROBLEMS IN MATHEMATICS FOR RENEWABLE ENERGY TECHNICIANS. This valuable text presents critical mathematical concepts in condensed, easily understood units. The author clearly illustrates every concept with memorable examples and practice problems drawn from tasks that technicians perform on the job every day. Loaded with helpful visual features and study aids, this book puts key information at your students’ fingertips with critical formula conversion charts, a glossary of the latest renewable energy terms, hands-on exercises, and an array of supplemental tools to help build your students’ skills and confidence. A comprehensive instructor's solutions manual, PowerPoint® presentation slides, and exam bank accompany the text to save you time in preparation and class presentation.
SECTION 1: WHOLE NUMBERS.
1. Addition of Whole Numbers.
2. Subtraction of Whole Numbers.
3. Multiplication of Whole Numbers.
4. Division of Whole Numbers.
5. Combined Operation with Whole Numbers.
SECTION II: COMMON FRACTIONS.
6. Addition of Common Fractions.
7. Subtraction of Common Fractions.
8. Multiplication of Common Fractions.
9. Division of Common Fractions.
10. Combined Operations with Common Fractions.
SECTION III: DECIMAL FRACTIONS.
11. Addition of Decimal Fractions.
12. Subtraction of Decimal Fractions.
13. Multiplication of Decimal Fractions.
14. Division of Decimal Fractions.
15. Decimal and Common Fraction Equivalents.
16. Combined Operations with Decimal Fractions.
SECTION IV: AVERAGES, RATIO AND PROPORTION.
SECTION V: PERCENT, DISCOUNT, MARKUP AND EFFICIENCY.
21. Discount and Markup.
Section VI: Direct Measure.
23. Equivalent Units of Temperature Measure.
24. Angular Measure.
25. Units of Length Measure.
26. Equivalent Units of Length Measure.
27. Equivalent Units of Additional Direct Measure.
SECTION VII: COMPUTED MEASURE.
28. Length Measure.
29. Area Measure.
30. Volume Measure.
31. Equivalent Units of Area and Volume Measure.
SECTION VIII: FORMULAS.
32. Electrical Relationships I Ohm’s Law and Equivalent Resistances and Capacitances.
33. Electrical Relationships II Power.
34. Heat Transport.
SECTION IX: TRIGONOMETRY.
36. Trigonometric Functions.
SECTION X: GRAPHS.
37. Graphs and Graphing.
SECTION XI: BILLS.
38. Estimates and Bills.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, images, solutions manual, and test banks.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1305662164 | ISBN-13: 9781305662162)
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.