Electric Motor Control, 10th Edition
- Stephen L. Herman
- ISBN-10: 1133702813
- ISBN-13: 9781133702818
- 480 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2010, 2007, 2003
- COPYRIGHT: 2015 Published
Updated with the latest technology, machines, and controls in the industry, ELECTRIC MOTOR CONTROL, 10E delivers comprehensive coverage and practical insight for anyone who will install, monitor, and/or maintain motor controls. Concise, self-contained units provide ultimate flexibility, making it easy to match content with teaching and learning needs. Units begin by introducing the simplest of equipment and then help readers build upon their knowledge step by step as they learn how to draw and interpret motor control schematic diagrams. Subsequent units offer detailed coverage of motor control components and how they are connected to form complete control circuits, and the text ends with troubleshooting techniques for real-world practice. New for the Tenth Edition, the instructor companion website offers a wealth of online resources.
1. General Principles of Electric Motor Control.
2. Fractional and Integral Horsepower Manual Motor Starters.
3. Magnetic Line Voltage Starters.
5. Interpretation and Application of Simple Wiring and Elementary Diagrams.
6. Push Buttons and Control Stations.
9. Timing Relays.
10. Pressure Switches and Regulators.
11. Float Switches.
12. Flow Switches.
13. Limit Switches and Proximity Control.
14. Phase Failure Relays.
15. Solenoid Valves.
16. Temperature Switches.
17. Two-Wire Controls.
18. Three-Wire and Separate Controls.
19. Hand-Off-Automatic Controls.
20. Multiple Push Button Stations.
21. Interlocking Methods for Reversing Control.
22. Sequence Control.
23. Jogging (Inching) Control Circuits.
24. Time-Delay, Low-Voltage Release Relay.
25. The Motor and Starting Methods.
26. Primary Resistor-Type Starters.
27. Autotransformer Starters.
28. Part Winding Motor Starters.
29. Automatic Starters for Star-Delta Motors.
30. AC Solid-State Reduced Voltage Controller.
31. Controllers for Two-Speed, Two-Winding (Separate Winding) Motors.
32. Two-Speed, One-Winding (Consequent Pole) Motor Controller.
33. Four-Speed, Two-Winding (Consequent Pole) Motor Controller.
34. Wound Rotor Motors and Manual Speed Control.
35. Push Button Speed Selection.
36. Automatic Acceleration for Wound Rotor Motors.
37. Automatic Speed Control for Wound Rotor Motors.
38. Solid-State Adjustable Speed Controller for AC Wound Rotor Motors.
39. Synchronous Motor Operation.
40. Push Button Synchronizing.
41. Timed Semiautomatic Synchronizing.
42. Synchronous Automatic Motor Starter.
43. About DC Motors.
44. Use of Reduced Voltage for Starting.
45. Across-the-Line Starting.
46. Compensating and Definite Time Control Starting.
47. Solid-State Adjustable Speed Control.
49. Electric Brakes.
50. Dynamic and Regenerative Braking.
51. Electric and Electronic Braking.
52. Direct Drives and Pulley Drives.
53. Gear Motors.
54. Variable-Frequency Mechanical Drives.
55. AC Adjustable Frequency Drives.
56. Magnetic Clutch and Magnetic Drive.
57. DC Variable-Speed Control-Motor Drives.
58. Programmable and Motion Control.
59. Motor Startup and Troubleshooting Basics.
60. Troubleshooting Techniques.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to: author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want. Please visit www.cengage.com/delmar and search by ISBN.