Computerized Engine Controls, 10th Edition
- Steve V. Hatch
- ISBN-10: 1305497546
- ISBN-13: 9781305497542
- 688 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2012, 2009, 2006
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
Providing thorough coverage of both fundamental electrical concepts and current automotive electronic systems, COMPUTERIZED ENGINE CONTROLS, Tenth Edition, equips readers with the essential knowledge they need to successfully diagnose and repair modern automotive systems. Reflecting the latest technological advances from the field, the Tenth Edition offers updated and expanded coverage of diagnostic concepts, equipment, and approaches used by today’s professionals. The author also provides in-depth insights into cutting-edge topics such as hybrid and fuel cell vehicles, automotive multiplexing systems, and automotive electronic systems that interact with the engine control system. In addition, key concepts are reinforced with ASE-style end-of-chapter questions to help prepare readers for certification and career success.
Part I: GENERIC CHAPTERS.
1. A Review of Electricity and Electronics.
2. Computers in Cars.
3. Common Components for Computerized Engine Control Systems.
4. Common Operating Principles for Computerized Engine Control Systems.
5. Introduction to Diagnostic Concepts and Diagnostic Equipment.
6. Exhaust Gas Analysis.
7. Understanding OBD II.
8. Automotive Multiplexing and Networking of Computers.
9. Hybrid and Electric Vehicles.
10. Modern Systems That Interact with the Engine Control System.
11. Approach to Diagnostics.
Part II: MANUFACTURER-SPECIFIC CHAPTERS.
12. General Motors Computerized Engine Controls.
13. Ford Motor Company Computerized Engine Controls.
14. Chrysler Corporation Computerized Engine Controls.
15. European (Bosch) Computerized Engine Controls.
16. Asian Computerized Engine Control.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1305497589 | ISBN-13: 9781305497580)
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
Cengage is committed to boosting employability, so students can land their first job in the transportation industry soon after graduation. One of the best ways to enhance student employability is through ASE certification! The ASE Certification Voucher provides students with access to the ASE Professional Level Certification Tests at a discounted price. The ASE Certification Voucher provide access to all ASE Certification tests except L1, L2, and L3 (advanced tests). Each voucher code includes one registration and one test fee.