Access: Introduction to Travel and Tourism, 2nd Edition
- Marc Mancini
- ISBN-10: 1133687032
- ISBN-13: 9781133687030
- 320 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2005
- COPYRIGHT: 2013 Published
Practical and easy to understand, the second edition of ACCESS: INTRODUCTION TO TRAVEL AND TOURISM is designed to prepare students for a successful career in the travel, tourism and hospitality industry. A 2005 winner of the Distinguished Achievement award from Association of Educational Publishers', this edition has been updated to include new content and expanded topics in order to ensure that students understand all facets of the travel business. With updated coverage of technology, new profiles of industry leaders,additional activities, refined graphics and full-color photos, this concise text provides students with a wealth of practical information designed to help them refine their research skills, respond to real-world scenarios, identify key concepts, and remember critical information. Plus, accompanying instructor resources available both online and on CD make it easy for instructors to implement the text's content in the classroom.
"Cypress College has been using Access for many years now and one of the major strengths of this introductory book is that it includes key information, avoiding mind-numbing, nonessential details that tend to turn off entry-level college students. Our students enjoy the book very much, and as a result, our success and retention rates have improved significantly."
— Kathleen Reiland, Cypress College, Cypress, CA
1. Going Places: An Overview of the Travel Industry.
2. Ribbons in the Sky: The Air Transportation Industry.
3. Taking to the Skies: Airports, Airfares, and Air Tickets.
4. Homes Away from Home: The Hospitality Industry.
5. Dealing with Dreams: The Travel Agency Industry.
6. Better by the Bunch: The Tour Industry Today.
7. Magic at Sea: The Cruise Industry.
8. Extra Specials: Other Segments of the Travel Industry.
9. Here, There, Almost Anywhere: The Geography of Travel.
10. Making Connections: How to Market, Sell to, and Serve the Traveling Public.
11. Techno-Travel: How Technology Has Changed Everything
12. This and That.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
The Instructor resources on this password-protected website include PowerPoint presentations for each core textbook chapter,a computerized test bank, and an Instructor's Manual.Instructor Resources (ISBN-10: 1133687601 | ISBN-13: 9781133687603)
The Instructor Resources CD includes PowerPoint presentations for each core textbook chapter,a computerized test bank, and an Instructor's Manual.