Beginning C++ Through Game Programming, 4th Edition
- Michael Dawson
- ISBN-10: 1305109910
- ISBN-13: 9781305109919
- 352 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2011, 2007, 2004
- COPYRIGHT: 2015 Published
When it comes to game programming, C++ is the name of the game. If you aspire to move from game player to game creator, it all starts with learning the fundamentals of C++ and game-programming basics. With BEGINNING C++ THROUGH GAME PROGRAMMING, FOURTH EDITION, you will find an up-to-date and thorough introduction to everything you need to get started—with no previous programming experience required. In the new fourth edition of this popular guide to learning C++, you will work with a complete program while learning each new concept and a game program at the end of each chapter. A final game project at the end of the book draws together everything you’ve learned. Written with the beginning programmer in mind, BEGINNING C++ THROUGH GAME PROGRAMMING, FOURTH EDITION is a great way to get started in game programming.
1. Types, Variables, and Standard I/O: Lost Fortune.
2. Truth, Branching, and the Game Loop.
3. For Loops, Strings, and Arrays: Word Jumble.
4. The Standard Template Library: Hangman.
5. Functions: Mad Lib.
6. References: Tic-Tac-Toe.
7. Pointers: Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 .
8. Classes: Critter Caretaker.
9. Advanced Classes and Dynamic Memory.
10. Inheritance and Polymorphism: Blackjack.
Appendix A: Creating Your First C++ Program.
Appendix B: Operator Precedence.
Appendix C: Keywords.
Appendix D: ASCII Chart.
Appendix E: Escape Sequences.