Fire and Life Safety Educator, 1st Edition
- Marsha P. Giesler
- ISBN-10: 1428305416
- ISBN-13: 9781428305410
- 416 Pages | Paperback
- COPYRIGHT: 2011 Published
Based on the 2010 Edition of NFPA Standard 1035, FIRE AND LIFE SAFETY EDUCATOR is a comprehensive and reader-friendly guide for those responsible for public education for the fire service. Drawing upon the vast experience of the author, this book goes beyond the basics: offering creative ideas for executing educational principles, and practical suggestions for delivering presentations to a variety of audiences. FIRE AND LIFE SAFETY EDUCATOR applies the most current research in the field to everyday applications and provides not only what to teach, but the how and why of successful program development and delivery.
1. Historic Fires and Human Behavior in Fires/History of Injury Prevention.
2. Learning Styles.
3. Age Group Characteristics.
4. Methods and Strategies for Effective Teaching.
5. High Risk Populations.
6. Fire and Life Safety Messages for Age Groups.
7. Holidays and Special Circumstances and Safety Campaigns.
8. Fire Behavior and Prevention Basics.
9. Fire Department Basics.
10. Public Relations.
12. Developing Fire and Life Safety Curricula, Objectives, Lesson Plans.
13. Evaluation; Assessment and Reflection.
14. Putting It All Together.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.