Fearless Photographer: Nature, 1st Edition
- David M. Wyman
- ISBN-10: 1435460499
- ISBN-13: 9781435460492
- 256 Pages | Paperback
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
Discover the keys to capturing vibrant, compelling nature photographs with insights, tips and examples from a professional photographer and outdoorsman in FEARLESS PHOTOGRAPHER: NATURE. This unique, captivating book is the ideal reference tool for motivating aspiring, novice or more experienced amateur nature photographers alike. FEARLESS PHOTOGRAPHER: NATURE offers a wealth of powerful yet simple photographic techniques as it explores iconic subjects; surveys the latest relevant cameras, lenses and accessories; and examines composition and exposure. Stunning images from nature and memorable photographic examples and stories inspire readers and encourage a fresh, unique approach to connecting with and photographing today's natural world. Readers learn or review the basics of nature photography and master creative techniques that enable them to successfully photograph subjects in nature, including spectacular landscapes, breath-taking wildlife as well as close-ups and reflections. They will also discover how to evaluate and simplify equipment needs and most effectively use today's post-production technology.
Part I: THE NATURE OF NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY.
1. Walk on the Wild Side: Animal Photography.
2. The Grand View: Landscapes and Seascapes.
3. Bug-Eyed: Insects, Flowers and Fungus, Oh, My!
4. Double Vision: Finding and Photographing Reflections.
5. When the Weather Acts Out: Snow and Rain.
6. Including the Human Element.
7. Defining Limits, Financial and Physical.
8. Developing and Refining a Creative Style.
Part II: EQUIPMENT.
9. Equipment - A Radical Suggestions: Keep It Simple
10. Optics - The Long and Short of It.
11. Making Sense of Digital Sensors.
12. For the Luddite in All of Us: Film.
13. Beasts of Burden: Tripods.
14. Enhancing Reality: Filters, Flash and Reflectors.
Part III: UNDERSTANDING RELATIONSHIPS.
15. Near and Far: Composition.
16. Light and Dark: Exposure.
17. In and Out: Depth of Field.
18. Hot and Cold: Controlling Color.
19. Pre and Post Visualization: jpgs and RAW.
Part IV: AFTER THE SHUTTER IS RELEASED.
20. Post Processing – When Less Can Be More.
21. Digital Presentation: On the Monitor, On the Web.
22. Some Truths About Prints.
23. Self-Awareness: Where You Have Gone and Where You Are Going.