Management of Health Information: Functions & Applications, 2nd Edition
- Leah Grebner
- Rozella Mattingly
- ISBN-10: 1285174887
- ISBN-13: 9781285174884
- 544 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 1997
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
MANAGEMENT OF HEALTH INFORMATION: FUNCTIONS & APPLICATIONS, 2E explores the integrated management model prevalent in health care settings and prepares students to become effective health information managers. Sharply focused on decision making, team building, and managing new technologies, the text addresses the key principles of planning, organizing, leading, and controlling to meet the information needs of health care facilities. Helpful learning aids include review questions, exercises, and web links, while practical examples help students develop essential skills in data capture, analysis, integration, and information dissemination. Case studies within each chapter push readers a step further, challenging them to apply their knowledge, assess understanding, and develop critical thinking skills. More specific than allied health texts, MANAGEMENT OF HEALTH INFORMATION: FUNCTIONS & APPLICATIONS, 2E delivers specialized course content for future HIM professionals.
“I am quite impressed with the (five) chapters presented to me. The end of chapter review activities are excellent, really like the addition of "Case Study" activity. Application of Theory and Case Studies are excellent regarding management of new technologies.”
— Carline Dalgleish, BS, A, RHIA, AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Section I: INTRODUCTION TO MANAGING HEALTH CARE INFORMATION.
1. Introduction to the Health Information Management Profession and the Health Care Environment.
2. Management Theories for an Integrated Management Model.
3. The Art of Decision Making and Problem Solving.
Section II: PLANNING TO MEET THE INFORMATION NEEDS OF HEALTH CARE FACILITIES.
4. Planning in the Health Care Setting.
5. Planning in Health Care: Operational Plans and Tools for Planning.
6. Managing the Financial Aspects of Health Care.
7. Planning Policies and Procedures.
8. Planning the Physical Environment.
Section III: ORGANIZING TO MEET THE INFORMATION NEEDS OF HEALTH CARE FACILITIES.
9. The Process of Organizing Health Information Services.
10. The Organizational Model.
11. Organizing Position Designs for Employees.
12. The Role of New Technologies in Organizing.
Section IV: LEADING TO MEET THE INFORMATION NEEDS OF HEALTH CARE FACILITIES.
13. Leading: The Interpersonal Aspects of Management.
14. Motivating for Leadership in the Health Care Environment.
15. Communicating in the Health Care Environment.
Section V: CONTROLLING TO MEET THE INFORMATION NEEDS OF HEALTH CARE FACILITIES.
16. The Focus of Control in Health Information Services.
17. Controlling Through Total Quality Improvement.
18. Controlling: Productivity Measurement, Performance Standards, and Work Sampling.
Section VI: SPECIAL ISSUES FOR HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGERS.
19. The Effective Committee.
20. Project Management in Health Care.
21. Managing the Time Factors of Managers and Employees.
22. Managing change as a Health-Care Professional.
23. Personal and Professional Career Management.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
The Instructor Resources include PowerPoint® presentations for each core textbook chapter, a computerized test bank in the Cognero® platform, and an Instructor’s Manual—all in one easy-to-access location.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1305857402 | ISBN-13: 9781305857407)
Cengage Learning’s Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the textbook’s test bank or elsewhere. So flexible, you can include your own favorite test questions, create multiple test versions in an instant, and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you are.MindTap Health Information Management, 2 terms (12 months) Instant Access for Grebner/Mattingly's Management of Health Information: Functions & Applications (ISBN-10: 1305646746 | ISBN-13: 9781305646742)
MindTap Health Information Management for Grebner/Mattingly’s Management of Health Information: Functions & Applications, 2nd Edition is the digital learning solution that powers students from memorization to mastery. It gives you complete control of your course—to provide engaging content, to challenge every individual, and to build their confidence. Empower students to accelerate their progress with MindTap. MindTap: Powered by You. MindTap gives you complete ownership of your content and learning experience. Customize the interactive syllabi, emphasize the most important topics, and add your own material or notes in the eBook.
MindTap Health Information Management for Grebner/Mattingly’s Management of Health Information: Functions & Applications, 2nd Edition helps you learn on your terms. INSTANT ACCESS IN YOUR POCKET. Take advantage of the MindTap Mobile App. Read or listen to textbooks and study with the aid of instructor notifications, flashcards, and practice quizzes. MINDTAP HELPS YOU GEAR UP FOR ULTIMATE SUCCESS. Access study tools, including flashcards, case studies, and video activities. Track your scores and stay motivated. Whether you have more work to do or are ahead of the curve, you’ll know where to focus efforts. Tthe MindTap Green Dot will charge your confidence along the way. MINDTAP HELPS YOU MAKE THE TEXTBOOK YOURS. No one knows what works for you better than you. Highlight key text, add notes, and create custom flashcards. When it’s time to study, everything you’ve flagged can be gathered into a guide.