Print Reading for Machinists, 6th Edition
- David L. Taylor
- ISBN-10: 1285419618
- ISBN-13: 9781285419619
- 624 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2003, 1996, 1987
- COPYRIGHT: 2019 Published
Updated to the latest ANSI standards, PRINT READING FOR MACHINISTS, Sixth Edition, is an ideal resource for machine trades students and apprentices who want to master the basics of print interpretation. This thorough text’s 31 instructional units provide all-inclusive coverage progressing from fundamental concepts to more advanced topics, including the alphabet of lines, orthographic projection, arrangement of views, application of dimensions and tolerances, machining processes, and more. Complementing core chapter content, features such as review questions and drawing exercises help readers hone the knowledge and skills needed for career success--and make this trusted text equally effective for classroom use or self-paced learning.
1. Industrial Drawings.
2. Title Blocks.
3. Lines and Symbols.
4. Sketching Straight Lines.
5. Sketching Curved Lines.
6. Sketching Combinations of Lines.
7. Pictorial Sketching.
8. Orthographic Projection.
9. Three-View Drawings.
10. Two-View Drawings.
11. One-View Drawings.
12. Auxiliary Views.
13. Section Views.
14. Dimensions and Tolerances.
15. Decimal Dimensions and Tolerances.
16. Dimensioning Holes, Keyways, and Keyseats.
17. Dimensioning Arcs and Radii.
18. Hole Patterns and Revision Blocks.
19. Angles, Dovetails, and Slots.
20. Metric Dimensions and Tolerances.
21. Machining Symbols, Bosses, and Pads.
22. Surface Texture.
23. Tapers and Chamfers.
24. Undercuts and Knurling.
25. Screw Thread Specifications.
26. Screw Thread Representation and Threaded Fasteners.
27. Pipe Threads.
28. Assembly Drawings.
29. Welding Symbols.
30. Geometric Tolerances – Datums.
31. Geometric Tolerances - Location and Form.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1285980549 | ISBN-13: 9781285980546)
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.