Health Services Research Methods, 3rd Edition
- Leiyu Shi
- ISBN-10: 1133949673
- ISBN-13: 9781133949671
- 480 Pages | Hardcover
- Previous Editions: 2008, 1997
- COPYRIGHT: 2020 Published
Health Services Research Methods, 3rd Edition enables future administrators to measure structure, process, and outcome variables and leverage that information to improve efficiency and equity in health services. Starting with the fundamentals, content follows a systematic approach for conducting research, including how to identify, measure and evaluate issues in health care settings. Chapters also address how to design research studies, choose the appropriate sample, collect data, conduct statistical analysis, and apply findings. Newly updated, expanded content in this edition offers the latest insights on social epidemiology, ethics, evidence-based medicine and the effects of HIPAA on health services research. New frameworks, examples, and end-of-chapter review questions round out content and give students practice developing both classic and contemporary skills.
This text is the most complete and definitive resource on research design and research methods in health services. It is easy to read, very well organized and serves as a reference text on the subject of research methods and design.
— Martha M. Perryman, Florida A&M University
1. Scientific Foundations of Health Services Research.
2. Conceptualizing Health Services Research.
3. Groundwork in Health Services Research.
4. Research Review.
5. Secondary Analysis.
6. Qualitative Research.
7. Experimental Research.
8. Survey Research.
9. Evaluation Research.
10. Design a Health Services Research Study.
11. Sampling in Health Services Research.
12. Measurements in Health Services Research.
13. Data Collection and Processing in Health Services Research.
14. Statistical Analysis in Health Services Research.
15. Applying Health Services Research.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint presentations, an instructor’s manual, test banks, and more.