Guide to Computer Forensics and Investigations, 6th Edition
- Bill Nelson
- Amelia Phillips
- Christopher Steuart
- ISBN-10: 1337568945
- ISBN-13: 9781337568944
- 688 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2016, 2010, 2008
- COPYRIGHT: 2019 Published
Providing authoritative information, powerful instructor resources and real-world student applications, Nelson/Phillips/Steuart's GUIDE TO COMPUTER FORENSICS AND INVESTIGATIONS, Sixth Edition delivers the most comprehensive forensics resource available. This proven author team's wide-ranging areas of expertise mirror the breadth of coverage in the text, which focuses on techniques and practices for gathering and analyzing evidence used to solve crimes involving computers and other digital devices. Providing clear instruction on the tools and techniques of the trade, it introduces readers to every step of the computer forensics investigation--from lab setup to testifying in court. It also details how to use current forensics software and provides free demo downloads of popular tools like FTK Imager for use with Case Projects and Hands-On Projects. MindTap Computing is also available.
1. Understanding the Digital Forensics Profession and Investigations.
2. The Investigator's Office and Laboratory.
3. Data Acquisition.
4. Processing Crime and Incident Scenes.
5. Working with Windows and CLI Systems.
6. Current Computer Forensics Tools.
7. Linux Boot Processes and File Systems.
8. Recovering Graphics Files.
9. Digital Forensics Analysis and Validation.
10. Virtual Machine Forensics, Live Acquisitions and Cloud Forensics.
11. Email and Social Media.
12. Mobile Device Forensics and the Internet of Anything.
13. Cloud Forensics.
14. Report Writing for High-Tech Investigations.
15. Expert Testimony in Digital Forensic Investigations.
16. Ethics for the Digital Forensic Examiner and Expert Witness.
Appendix A: Digital Forensics Test References.
Appendix B: Digital Forensics References.
Appendix C: Digital Forensics Lab Considerations.
Appendix D: Digital Forensics Alternative Tools and Methods.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor's manual, videos and more.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1337569097 | ISBN-13: 9781337569095)
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit and manipulate content from the texts test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want.