Business Ethics: Ethical Decision Making & Cases, 11th Edition
- O. C. Ferrell
- John Fraedrich
- Linda Ferrell
- ISBN-10: 1305500849
- ISBN-13: 9781305500846
- 544 Pages | Paperback
- Previous Editions: 2015, 2013, 2011
- COPYRIGHT: 2017 Published
Packed with cases, exercises, simulations, and practice tests, the market-leading BUSINESS ETHICS: ETHICAL DECISION MAKING AND CASES, 11th Edition, thoroughly covers the complex environment in which managers confront ethical decision-making. Using a proven managerial framework, the authors address the overall concepts, processes, and best practices associated with successful business ethics programs - - helping your students see how ethics can be integrated into key strategic business decisions. This edition has been completely revised to include coverage of new legislation affecting business ethics, the most up-to-date examples, the best practices of high-profile organizations, and 20 new or updated original cases. Available with MindTap online teaching and learning tools for the first time, BUSINESS ETHICS: ETHICAL DECISION MAKING AND CASES, 11th Edition, gives your students an abundance of opportunities to master text material through hands-on application.
Part I: AN OVERVIEW OF BUSINESS ETHICS.
1. The Importance of Business Ethics.
2. Stakeholder Relationships, Social Responsibility, and Corporate Governance.
Part II: ETHICAL ISSUES AND THE INSTITUTIONALIZATION OF BUSINESS ETHICS.
3. Emerging Business Ethics Issues.
4. The Institutionalization of Business Ethics.
Part III: THE DECISION-MAKING PROCESS.
5. Ethical Decision Making and Ethical Leadership.
6. Individual Factors: Moral Philosophies and Values.
7. Organizational Factors: The Role of Ethical Culture and Relationships.
Part IV: IMPLEMENTING BUSINESS ETHICS IN A GLOBAL ECONOMY.
8. Developing an Effective Ethics Program.
9. Managing and Controlling Ethics Programs.
10. Ethical Leadership.
11. Business Ethics in a Global Economy.
12. Sustainability: Ethical and Social Responsibility Dimensions
Part V: CASES.
1. Monsanto Attempts to Balance Stakeholder Interests.
2. Starbucks' Mission: Social Responsibility and Brand Strength.
3. Walmart Manages Ethical and Compliance Challenges.
4. Managing Risks in the Oil Industry.
5. New Belgium Brewing: Ethical and Environmental Responsibility.
6. National Collegiate Athletic Association: Football Compliance.
7. Google: The Quest to Balance Privacy with Profits.
8. Zappos: Delivering Happiness to Stakeholders.
9. Enron: Questionable Accounting Leads to Collapse.
10. Home Depot Implements Stakeholder Orientation.
11. Frauds of the Century.
12. Insider Trading at the Galleon Group.
13. Whole Foods Strives to Be an Ethical Corporate Citizen.
14. Apple Inc.'s Ethical Successes and Challenges.
15. PepsiCo's Journey Toward an Ethical and Socially Responsible Culture.
16. Recreational Equipment Incorporated (REI): A Responsible Retail Cooperative.
17. Better Business Bureau: Protecting Consumers and Dealing with Organizational Ethics Challenges.
18. Managing the Risks of Bribery in Global Business.
19. Mattel Responds to Ethical Challenges.
20. Best Buy Fights Against Electronic Waste.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the Main title.
Please see Main title page for new to this edition information.
Instructor resource center including IM, Test Bank, and PowerPoint slides.DVD (ISBN-10: 1305641566 | ISBN-13: 9781305641563)
Engage your students by bringing real-life examples and issues into the classroom with this exclusive video program.Cengage Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access (ISBN-10: 1305500881 | ISBN-13: 9781305500884)
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.MindTap Management, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access for Ferrell/Fraedrich/Ferrell's Business Ethics: Ethical Decision Making & Cases (ISBN-10: 1305641582 | ISBN-13: 9781305641587)
MindTap Management for Ferrell/Fraedrich/Ferrell's Business Ethics: Ethical Decision Making & Cases, 11th Edition is the digital learning solution that powers students from memorization to mastery. It gives you complete control of your course—to provide engaging content, to challenge every individual, and to build their confidence. Empower students to accelerate their progress with MindTap. MindTap: Powered by You. MindTap gives you complete ownership of your content and learning experience. Customize the interactive syllabi, emphasize the most important topics, and add your own material or notes in the eBook. Updated cases from authors and author-created assessment materials work with streamlined narrative content. Updated statistics, figures, and industry trends are used as examples to enhance the narrative content.
Real-world examples bring chapter concepts to life with this exclusive video program.MindTap Management, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access for Ferrell/Fraedrich/Ferrell's Business Ethics: Ethical Decision Making & Cases (ISBN-10: 1305641582 | ISBN-13: 9781305641587)
MindTap Management for Ferrell/Fraedrich/Ferrell’s Business Ethics: Ethical Decision Making & Cases, 11th Edition helps you learn on your terms. INSTANT ACCESS IN YOUR POCKET. Take advantage of the MindTap Mobile App. Read or listen to textbooks and study with the aid of instructor notifications, flashcards, and practice quizzes. MINDTAP HELPS YOU GEAR UP FOR ULTIMATE SUCCESS. Access study tools, including the Business Ethics Simulation, and stay motivated with real world assignments, such as the New Belgium Brewing case. Track your scores so you'll know where to focus efforts. The MindTap Green Dot will charge your confidence along the way. MINDTAP HELPS YOU MAKE THE TEXTBOOK YOURS. No one knows what works for you better than you. Highlight key text, add notes, and create custom flashcards. When it’s time to study, gather everything you’ve flagged into a guide you organize.